Monday, July 16, 2007

The swell is finally building up

A wind swell is starting to come in, and the crappy chop from last week (hey, I'm just repeating what the pros say!) seems to be over. Today I went out for a lunch surf and it was noticeably easier than in the small waves. I know what I need to work on but not how. Seems like it's high time for some expert advice. I think a couple of guys from Qualcomm is going out tomorrow, and so will I. Looks like there won't be any kiteboarding done for a while. I need to get a light wind board which will have to be ordered, and yesterday I broke my screwdriver when trying to correct the stance on my currently largest board. But I won't find the time anyway I guess. If there's wind coming in it's always 2 in the afternoon, and the best place requires a much longer drive than the wave surfing does.

Today my team leader at Qualcomm asked me if I could fly to Germany for a couple of weeks and help a customer out. I had to tell him that it didn't fit my time plan very well because I'm going for vacation in 3 weeks. "And after that I'm not coming back, but you know that right?", said I cautiously... Of course he didn't. I had to tell him that it wasn't my decision and
that I have to do whatever my boss cares to deal me (which is more or less the truth, at least in practice).

Now I have to make sure the postcards I bought doesn't arrive to Sweden before I do.